Sunday, June 26, 2011

Nay

Nay has Cerebral Palsy. He has been following a traditional course of Physical, Occupational, Speech and Vision Therapy. His Mom, Dawn, says that she would recommend this course of treatment, but that she wishes she knew more about better options for special children.
My son use try "taping" in physical therapy and running on a treadmill. I do wish we could have continued with the treadmill so much more. I think it really helped. Also, they recommended botox for his left side but we never go the chance and I wish we had looked further into it.. might have helped but not sure. I do recommend trying as much as possibly without pushing too hard, little ones get pushed to hard and sometimes it creates a set back. My son also has Hydrocephalus and uses DAFO's on his legs.
Dawn has also recently started keeping a blog, so go show your support at A Special Momma.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments make us happy :)